Dear yoga friends,
Welcome back after your vacations and school holidays. We hope you've had and continue to have a great summer. The shala doors are open again and we’ve resumed classes after a couple of weeks' break. Isabella is back from teaching a wonderful yoga retreat on the island of Kadermo in Finland mid-July. It gave a lot of inspiration, energy and the opportunity of a fresh start for many of the participants. Glimpses from the retreat are found on our Instagram account and soon we'll share some beautiful pictures from the week taken by our own photographer Werner Nystrand. If you couldn't join us this year, you have the chance to experience Kadermo's magic environment next summer 2023 instead.
As mentioned, we have partly started the autumn schedule with all morning mysore classes up and running; however we only reach full capacity in September with the start of our evening classes and courses. You can view the schedule and any temporary schedule changes here. The season's first guided class of the primary series takes place on Sunday 14/8, followed by tea&talk where we have “fika” and discuss a yoga-related topic. Please email us your requests for conversation themes.
LATE SUMMER OFFERS
During the remaining weeks of summer, we have some special offers:
- INTRODUCTORY CLASS TO ASHTANGA for beginners on 15/8 at 17:15 with Isabella. Participants are given a brief introduction to the basics of ashtanga and get two weeks of free trial practice in connection with the class. This is a unique chance to learn ashtanga yoga in the traditional way. More info here.
- YOGA FESTIVAL - the weekend of 27-28th August, Ashtanga Yoga Malmö participates at the Ribban Yoga Festival on the beach in Malmö. The festival is organised by several of Malmö's yoga studios and offers classes from different yoga styles to yoga practitioners of all levels. Tickets are purchased in advance. You get a discount with the code AYM100. Read more here.
- INTRODUCTORY CLASS IN YIN YOGA & meditation with Miho on 30/8 at 5:30 p.m. Try the calming effects of yin yoga - new participants also get a discount on the autumn course. More info here
COURSES STARTING IN SEPTEMBER
As usual we have new foundation courses in Ashtanga Yoga level 1 and 2 starting in September. We are also expanding our range of courses this autumn and extend our opening hours.
- FOUNDATION COURSE LEVEL 1 - with Isabella on Monday evenings starting 5/9 (8-weeks). More info and registration here.
- FOUNDATION COURSE CLASS/COURSE LEVEL 2 with Helena on Thursday evenings starts on 1/9 (more info and registration here). In October, we also launch foundation courses 1+2 with Helena on Saturdays - you can already see and sign up for the October courses here.
- YOGA FOR STRESS REDUCTION - NEW COURSE - starts on Tuesday mornings from 20/9 at 11am-12pm. The course is suitable for those who need to regain balance in life, have been on sick leave or just need a break. Take an early lunch hour and get some quiet time in the middle of the day. Read more and register here (the course is in Swedish).
- YIN YOGA & MEDITATION with Miho returns on Tuesday evenings from 6/9 at 5.30pm (see here).
- FRIDAY-FUN - our alternative after-work class takes place as usual one Friday a month. Here you get the chance to immerse yourself in a special theme and play on the yoga mat. Classes this autumn are 16/9, 21/10, 18/11 and 9/12 - all at 5pm. Read more about each specific theme under the heading courses.
GUEST TEACHER MÅNS BROO
The weekend of 24-25th September we have the honour to host Måns Bro, PhD at Turku Academy. Måns will teach a workshop on the important yoga text Bhagavad Gita. If you want to know more about what yoga is aside from doing shapes on the yoga mat, this is an excellent opportunity to learn more. Måns’ teaching is interesting, fun and easy to take on board. The workshop takes place live at the shala but you may also participate via zoom (the workshop is taught in Swedish). Read more here.
SHARING IS CARING
As always we appreciate when you spread the word and recommend our foundation courses, workshops and events with family, friends and colleagues. Or maybe your employer/workplace would like yoga tuition on site – in such cases we are happy to come and teach class. And please don’t forget that you can use your “friskvårdsbidrag” with us. Email us for more info or inquiries.
That's all for now. Please stay up to date in between newsletters by following us on social media (links in the menu above). If you are not a member of our private Facebook group we recommend that you apply to get access to the latest news and updates at short notice. Keep in mind that if you have not visited the shala for a while, we may have changed the door code so please get in touch well in advance of your planned visit to get the new one.
Welcome back to the yoga mat! We look forward to seeing old and new faces again!
Isabella & crew